Friday, January 7, 2011

Thank You...now get out there and work!

In seeing friends and family a lot recently due to the Holidays, I have been given tons of praise and support in regards to the changes I've made in my life...and I just want to say Thank You! I am in no way trying to brag, but there is nothing more satisfying then hearing someone say that you have inspired them. It is interesting because my entire life I have self identified as a "people pleaser"...I have always tried to help people out and make people happy. And I tried so much that I let go of my wants and needs and aimed to please everyone else...and I tried so much that I would get upset if I thought I failed or if I thought someone was angry with me because I did something wrong. And come to find out, I didn't need to try at all! Somehow, finally focusing on myself and being happy has, in turn, made others happy...without me even trying. I think it speaks a lot to the energy that we give off. I have to come to realize that when I am happy with myself and my life, I naturally do things for others without thinking of it, but I also feel that I give off my happy vibe...and an inspiration. Again, I am not trying to toot my own horn...but more so help people to realize that it is true...being happy with yourself, is the first step to being happy with others. And the energy that comes from being happy can inspire and motivate others to do the same :)

Now on the topic of motivation....

With the New Year, a lot of people are trying to be more active...which I love. And I have had a decent amount of people ask me for recommendations on how to start, where to go, what to do, and most importantly...how to find time! My only response to that is that you have to make it a priority. There will ALWAYS be something else you could be doing. There will always be an errand that needs to be run or an event that you'd like to attend...but it is the act and mindset of making it a priority that will make a difference. I recommend making a weekly calendar. For the most part, you know social events and work events the week before. Include exercise in your calendar...work it around your social life and work...OR include it in your social life and work!! Go for walks with friends, go for runs at lunch...anything! And most importantly...stick to it! If you planned to workout after work and someone asks you to do Happy Hour...tell them you can't, but maybe the next day or you could meet them later. And if you are a social butterfly, then try to exercise in the morning so it's out of the way. I know getting up early isn't easy for everyone but I promise that feeling accomplished by 8am is a wonderful feeling...and then you don't have the stress of doing it later. These are just my two cents :) ...but the most important thing is to make it a priority. Make it a routine, a habit, and the fun "me" time that you deserve.

Hugs,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment