Monday, January 10, 2011

But I don't want to...

There is always an excuse not to do something...and as I have discussed many times in my blogs, we always rationalize our thoughts to meet our actions. One of the easiest things to talk yourself out of is exercise. Yesterday morning I woke up with a plan and every intent to run outside. Then my stomach was a little uneasy and I figured it was frigid outside, so running seemed like a bad idea. Fortunately my boyfriend had the intent of going to the gym in his building...so that seemed like a better option. Still not "in the mood" to workout, I went down and decided to set up a circuit. I lifted a little and didn't really feel the push to continue (the normal exercise high I get) and I still felt sore from lifting earlier that week...so I hopped on the treadmill to warm-up. The combination of speed work and awesome Wyclef Jean was the push I needed! My stomach issues went away and I powered through 4 miles of hills and sprints and felt amazing afterward!! So my advice to you is...if you are ever in doubt, unmotivated, not "feeling it", and think of the 100 excuses possible not to exercise...just give it a try anyways. Try a couple different exercises and see if one catches your fancy...in fact...hope on the treadmill, bike, or elliptical and power through 10 minutes and see if your level of motivation and excitement doesn't change. It's those excuses that push us down and make commitment difficult...but powering through the excuses and coming out on top when you least expected it is such an amazingly rewarding feeling...AND keeps you motivated and prepared for the next silly excuse.

Now go run :)

No comments:

Post a Comment