Monday, August 15, 2011

You have to stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be...

That was my facebook status a year ago today. Facebook is now posting your statuses from last year on the side of the page and I think its a pretty cool feature! It is very interesting to see what were you thinking or doing on this day a year ago. What were you doing? Where were you in your life? Could you have guessed you'd be where you are today??

I like this quote, "you have to stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be", because it is so applicable to many parts of your life. You can't wish things will change for the better, you can't wish that someone in your life will eventually change or your job will get better or you will get noticed around the office or your friends will realize what is important to you, if you don't get a backbone (and/or some balls!) and say/do something about it. No one in this world is a mind reader (except these two weird twins I saw on Oprah or Ellen that claimed they could read people's minds and tell the future...creepsters) and, for the most part, people are going to look out for themselves and do what betters their lives unless you speak up and they see an importance in acting a different way.

And obviously I am not saying go out and cause a scene and protest everything to better yourself, but speak up...because I do not know too many people that reached happiness and success by wishing on stars :)

And my last thought for this morning (came to me while I was working out) is to learn from others and then make it your own! This morning my friend and I held our own spin classes and both had awesome workouts! We took what we've learned in all our of classes and from a variety of instructors with different styles and levels of intensity and we put that to our own music and tailored it to meet our goals for the day. I think that there is no point in reinventing the wheel when it comes to most things, BUT it is important to make something yours so that you enjoy and appreciate it. Everyone is unique and wants and needs different things...so adapt what is created to meet your needs and I am sure you will be satisfied :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment