Sunday, August 14, 2011

Daily Inspiration

So I haven't blogged in quite a while but that's because I haven't had too much to say about sobriety or exercising (which seem to be my focuses)...SO I have decided to revamp the focus on my blog...sort of. Still focused on the concept of bettering oneself but not specific to drinking or exercising. Hopefully you enjoy :) I read a lot of healthy living (foodie, exercise) blogs on a somewhat regular basis and have been searching for a yogi, zen, crunchy, feel good, holistic, mantra focused blog to read each morning to get the day started on a positive note and I haven't found one (although I am SURE one exists)...so I've decided to do it myself...sort of. I won't be detailing the crunchy yoga poses I recommend or going crazy hippie on you...but I will give you (what I hope is) some insight on a healthy attitude and outlook on life for you to reflect on each day. I usually have a "runners high" euphoric moment during my morning workouts, so why not share that with my friends?!

I haven't worked out yet today so the insightful section of my brain has not been activated yet ;) but I'll start you off with this notion. Step out of your comfort zone...push yourself to do something you wouldn't normally do (e.g. talk to a random person, go to an event without knowing anyone, offer to present at work or for school...whatever it is that makes you get nervous and sweat). Doing something outside of your comfort zone helps you grow...helps you change...and expands your comfort level! And I am sure you will be happier, stronger, more successful, and maybe have more friends from it. The reason I say this is because I am going back to graduate school and am well aware that this experience will take me out of my comfort zone. I have taken graduate courses for my masters but tried to be quiet and sit in the back...I know this will not be an option for my doctoral classes and I don't want it to be. I want to push myself, make myself uncomfortable, feel my heart race while I contribute to the classes conversation...and in the end, make myself more outgoing and comfortable in a professional setting!! (And I bet this will translate into my social life!).

So this week...push yourself. Feel awkward...like you did in middle school...see how you turned out from that experience?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope you continue reading my blog!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment